The Department does not currently offer its own study abroad opportunities. There are, however, a large variety of opportunities open to all U of T students. For many of these programs, it is possible to get credit towards your U of T degree requirements.
- American School of Classical Studies (ASCSA) These six-week summer sessions (two per summer) familiarize you with the major historical and archaeological sites and museums of Greece. Each year two different faculty members lead these summer sessions. Before applying, students should meet with the departmental representative to the ASCSA, Professor Lytle.
- Cost: $4,500 + flight and incidental expenses.
- Application: brief form, 3 letters of recommendation, $25 fee.
- Financial aid: the ASCSA provides limited financial aid.
- College Year in Athens (CYA)
- The Centro
- The Archaeology Centre at the University of Toronto There are opportunities for Toronto students to participate in archaeological field schools through the Archaeology Centre, including field schools in the Mediterranean.
- Archaeological Institute of America database The AIA has a database for fieldwork opportunities in archaeology all over the world.
- Athenian Agora Excavations
There are a number of places that will provide financial support for students engaging in archaeological fieldwork.