Jackman Humanities Building, Room JHB 418
May 5-6, 2017
Our colleague at the Department of Philosophy, Professor Sonia Sedivy is organizing this upcoming workshop which focuses on the way that works of art and visual culture are poised at the intersection of history and perception.
Speakers from Art History:
- Whitney Davis, University of California, Berkeley, Art History
- Jason Gaiger, University of Oxford, The Ruskin School of Drawing and Fine Art
- Amy Powell, University of California, Irvine, Art History
- Paul G. Smith, University of Warwick, History of Art
Speakers from Philosophy of Art or Perception:
- Diarmuid Costello, University of Warwick, Philosophy
- Robert Hopkins, New York University, Philosophy
- Bence Nanay, University of Antwerp, Centre for Philosophical Psychology
- Belinda Piercy, University of Toronto, Philosophy, PhD 2016
- Sonia Sedivy, University of Toronto, Philosophy
- Kendall L. Walton, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Philosophy
In addition, Dominic McIver Lopes, University of British Columbia, Philosophy will provide a critical commentary on one of the papers.
If you are interested in attending, please contact Sonia at firstname.lastname@example.org.