Room LI 220
The undergraduate Classics Students’ Union (CLASSU) warmly invites the Department and any interested faculty and students to its fourth annual Assembly of the Plebs Conference on the Classical World.
Please click here for more information.
Schedule & Presentations:
- 10:30am – Room opens for breakfast
- 10:50am – Opening remarks
- 11:00am – Andrew White: “Shortfall in the Ptolemaic Revenue: Economic Policy as a Political Necessity”
- 11:35am – Sam Minden: “The Roman “Barbarians” and Barbaric Romans: The Ostrogothic Kingdom of Italy and the Slow Disappearance of Roman Power in The West”
- 12:10pm – Hannah Lank: “Art Becomes Nature, and Nature Art: A Close Reading of The Ekphrastic Garden in Book Four of Longus’ Daphnis and Chloe”
- 12:45pm – Lunch
- 1:20pm – Laura Harris: “Dress as an Identifier: The Fetiales and Sacrifice to Fides in Livy Book One”
- 2:00pm – Erica Venturo: “The Archaeology of Late Roman Greece’s Imperial Administration”
- 2:35pm – Clifton Tataryn: “The Horror of Seneca’s Oedipus”
- 3:10pm – Closing remarks