Congratulations to Dr. Emilia Barbiero, who will begin her permanent appointment as Assistant Professor of Classics at University of Cincinnati!
Since receiving her Ph.D. in Classics from the University of Toronto in 2014, Dr. Barbiero has held academic positions at U of T, New York University, and Dartmouth College.
Best of luck to Dr. Barbiero!
2019 Annual Meeting: San Diego, January 3rd to 6th
The SCS call for papers for the upcoming 2019 Annual Meeting has opened. The online program submission system is now available for SCS members. Click here to access the program submission site. It will be a memorable meeting with special programs in celebration of the Sesquicentennial of the SCS (formerly APA).
April 9, 2018 – deadline for the following:
- All proposals for panels, workshops, seminars, and roundtable discussions.
- Reports from organizers of committee, organizer-refereed, and affiliated group panels who have issued their own CFPs.
- Proposals for organizer-refereed panels for 2020.
- Applications for new affiliated group charters and for renewals of current charters.
April 25, 2018 – deadline for all individual submissions:
- Individual abstracts for oral presentation (20 minute papers) and for posters.
- Short abstracts for new lightning talks (see individual submission guidelines).
Doing Classics: A Workshop in Historical Methods
Please RSVP to Jeffrey Easton by Tuesday, March 6, 2018. Please indicate if you will be attending the workshop, lunch, and downtown dinner in the evening. Please also mention any dietary restrictions.
Click here to view poster.
Are you interested in pursuing advanced degrees in Classics? The Department of Classics at the University of Toronto wants you! We offer a thriving pedagogical and scholarly environment in the heart of Canada’s most diverse city, as well as funding for students in both our MA and PhD programs. Click to read more. Application deadline is December 15, 2017.
The Department’s annual End-of-Year Party for faculty, staff, and graduate students will be held on Friday, December 8th from 4:00pm-6:00pm in Room LI 205, with refreshments from Campus Beverage and catering from Santaguida.